Role and Responsibilities
Bunia is currently a principal Broker at Summit Commercial. He has worked as a broker for over 16 years, specializing in Office, Retail, and Land. During his career, Bunia has had a vast amount of experience with landlord and tenant representation, as well as the disposition and acquisition of properties. He has represented municipalities, non-profits, courts, school districts, national retailers and developers during facility planning and implementation. Bunia also has vast experience assisting bank asset managers with the successful disposition of their REO properties.
Mr. Parker has represented the City of Detroit in over a million square feet of lease and acquisition transactions. He has represented the City in the lease negotiations of several departments such as the Police Department, Health Department, Finance Department, and Office of Inspectors General. Bunia was responsible for the $18.5 Million disposition of a prime downtown Detroit Parking garage. He also administered the acquisition, development, management, leasing and eventual disposition of 243 W. Congress (Marquette Building). Bunia was the Director of leasing for approximately 2.25 million square feet in the Central Business District of Detroit for multiple years. His vast portfolio included The First National Building (800,000sf), The Penobscot Building (1,000,000sf), and Cadillac Towers (450,000sf), prime real estate within the Downtown Detroit area. Bunia has represented various large clients such as Heritage Vision Plans, 36th District Court, the State of Michigan, the City of Detroit, Comerica Bank, Detroit Public Schools, Laborer’s Local 334, United States Air National Guard, Travelers Aid Society, Wingstop Restaurants, Inc., Pie Five Pizza, and McDonalds, USA. He is a member of the International Council of Shopping Centers.
Additional Selected Accomplishments
- Graduated from Duke University with a double major in Economics and African Studies. He also minored in Markets and Management.
- Current Chairman of the board for the Village of Bethany Manor (Part of the Presbyterian Villages of Michigan). He is also on the Facilities Committee for Presbyterian Villages of Michigan.
- Served on the Business Advisory Council for the M-1 Rail streetcar project.
- Tel: (313) 872-1300 ext.22 | Fax: 313-447-4747
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org